Saturday 19 September 2015

Eating healthy when on a tour

Today has been awesome. Despite the sunburn my shoulders seemed to get yesterday,  I don't feel too broken even though today was pretty hard core.

Today we went to the Teotihuacan Pyramids and the Basilica of our Lady of Guadalupe. Both were brilliant and I took some epic photos of the pyramids. Despite being on holiday, I'm trying to eat healthy,  especially due to the fact I'm pregnant - 6 weeks today.

Last night my Boyfriend and I decided to stay in the hotel and eat in the restaurant - I had garlic mushrooms and duck le 'orange whilst he had cheese fondue and steak tartar - not something I can eat, even if I wanted to at the moment!

For breakfast I had a slice of malt loaf (brought it with me) and a fruit pot from Starbucks which wasn't too bad but the pineapple didn't really taste of much. The lunch buffet was part of the tour and as I'm worried about getting food poisoning,  I stayed clear of both meat and salad - meat in case it wasn't cooked properly... and salad as it was probably washed with tap water. This left bread, fruit and rice which sounds bland, however actually,  it wasn't bad at all.

Back in our room now before heading out for dinner - only did 15k steps so not as many as yesterday but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing! Still on phone, hence the shortish post and different  formatting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment