Sunday 23 August 2015

Ginger beer and... chicken?

Even though it's Monday tomorrow, I really don't mind.

Sunday has been a lovely end to the weekend - It's been a few months since I felt this relaxed about going to work tomorrow and in some ways, I'm even looking forward to it. There's no horrible stomach pains and no worry in my head at the moment.....

I realised on Saturday, when I was putting my hair into a no-nonsense bun, that it's quite dry, so I decided to give my hair a little bit of TLC this morning and once out of bed, stuck on some leave-in-conditioner that's been made specially for afro hair, left it in for 10 minutes before washing it out and then putting even more conditioner in - it's made a massive difference and my hair feels and even looks a lot better. Breakfast was once again, a banana and a slice of malt loaf - I think I'm going to stick to this breakfast for the next week.. and see what I can do after that. I don't think it's overly substantial, however it's certain;y getting me through my new job in the mornings and best of all.. it's quite healthy :-)

My boyfriend picked me up at 9:45 and we went to try and pick up my antique bookcase that I won from eBay. Unfortunately, for the first time ever, it didn't fit into his car! By 2cm! Do'h... So instead I'll try and organise a van in the next couple of days to pick it up. We then stopped by a large Marks and Spencers, had a cup of tea and went food shopping. It was nice having a cup of tea (even if my Boyfriend did decide to buy a sausage bun for breakfast which looked really tempting..... Thankfully I resisted even sampling it!) as we hadn't seen each other for 6 days and I really missed him. We caught up on what each of us had been doing as we don't really ever talk on the phone when we're apart... just 2-3 texts each day, always in the evening. 

We decided to buy food for both lunch and dinner in Marks and Spencers so it wouldn't interfere with the rest of our day and I decided to buy some sticky salmon with rice and teriyaki skewers for lunch and we decided to buy some limited edition chicken breasts, vegetables and potatoes for dinner. Once purchased, we headed home... shoved all the food in my fridge, ate lunch (which was really, really nice) and then headed off to the car workshop that my Boyfriend partially rents with other people so he could pick up some things he left there whilst working on one of his cars recently.



One of the nice things about the workshop is, it's in the middle of nowhere and there's loads of animals and birds around - including a lot of grouse! Apparently it's some kind of free range farm, where they are bed and then used as sport. I don't personally agree with shooting animals for sport, however that's an opinion I won't expand on tonight - I do, however, enjoy trying to feed them and watch them, so once my boyfriend had picked up his things, we drove very slowly up a track and saw all the grouse, literally... hundreds of them! It was kind of like being in Jurassic Park, where the vehicle was moving through the field of dinosaurs.. there were grouse darting in all directions and we just watched them for a while, trying not to scare them.

As the weather started to get worse, my Boyfriend suggested we go to Fort Nelson a Victorian fort that has a lot of impressive guns! It didn't take us that long to get there and we really enjoyed ourselves, walking around, just talking, looking at different things. I can't say I'm overly interested in artillery, however it's still an impressive place to go and was free admission. I always like to give some money towards the upkeep so after we walked around for a good 1.5 hours, we paid a small visit to the cafe (No..I didn't have any cake at all.. just a cup of tea!), bought a few things in the gift shop and made a donation. 

By the time we got back, it was late afternoon so we settled down to a nice couple of hours of TV which included this weeks episode of the Great British Bake off before enjoying our dinner of chicken, steamed veg and roasted new potatoes. Yummy! 

It's funny, however this week I've found it pretty easy to eat healthy and am really enjoying not feeling bloated, constipated or just generally crappy - My sleep is once again getting better and I'm keen to keep it up. Let's hope that next week is as motivating, despite the horrible weather on the horizon :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment