Sunday 14 June 2015

Hungover :-(

Dear God I feel rough this morning

After cooking with the red wine, I decided to have a small glass of it, then another small glass and then another small glass. Before I realised, I'd drank 3/4 of the bottle :-S This in itself isn't a problem as I rarely drink and this is probably the first alcohol I've had for over a week (I had one small glass of wine on holiday at a restaurant) however as I don't usually drink, I have little tolerance and as such, feel rather pants.

One of the reasons I don't want to drink much at the moment is because when I drink, I get the munchies and my self control goes out the window. Last night, after I'd had 3/4 of the bottle and was watching the Oscar-worthy film 'Kevin and Perry go large' on TV, I decided I was hungry so ate:

  • 1 packet of M&S 'Moroccan spiced chickpea shells'
  • 1 Bakewell tart nakd bar
  • 3 meatballs left over from dinner with salad cream
After the meatballs, I was stuffed and started to feel the inevitable guilt that comes with eating food I don't need. Thankfully, I didn't have any chocolate in the house, nor any fat-laden food stuffs I could stick into my mouth quickly, hence why even my 'binge' (if you could call it that) wasn't as fatty or as calorie laden as they normally are. However even whilst feeling guilty and being quite tipsy, my brain was trying to reason with the fact that it's OK - This happens, it's life, best to laugh about it, not do it too often and wake up tomorrow and eat some nice porridge with blueberries. 

So here I am - eating porridge with blueberries, having a cup of tea and waiting for my boyfriend to pick me up as today is BBC Good Food Show day! I'm not going to beat myself up about last night, nor punish myself. It's not a regular occurrence and I'm not going to put all the weight back on that I've lost over-eating, just like I'm not going to lose all the weight by starving myself for one day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment