Saturday 9 May 2015

Weigh in - The dreaded scales


I totally agree with the points above - I think I've done really well for the last 5 days.. I've had loads of determination, have eaten really well and somehow have managed to remain positive, despite work not being great (and when you're there for 9 hours a day, it takes a toll on your mental state if you're not happy).

However, I'm also a really impatient person - I want to see results! I can't help it, It's not necessarily a good thing, when you're not trying to diet and do a quick fix but genuinely want to change your lifestyle and lose weight in a controlled way. 

Once I woke up this morning, for some reason I decided, 'f**k it, I want to see what I weigh'.. so I stepped on the scales.

And there we go... I am 99.9Kg or 15.7 stone. I have to say, I was pretty shocked I was so much - I managed to get down to 14 stone in February, so to put on 1.5 stone in 2 months is quite bad, however it shows that I really have been overeating and not looking after myself. I feel a little bit embarassed that I've put so much on, however I also feel less anxious - as if, now I know the 'damage', I can work towards seeing the number decrease and even if I only weigh myself once a month, this should be a good indicator as to whether I'm going in roughly the right direction.
No, I don't want to get obsessive and weigh myself every day - I've done this and it ruled my life - When I was pre-menstrual, I'd weigh myself and get upset that the scales showed a larger number even when I'd have been 'good', This really demotivated me and I'd be really obsessed with trying to get the number on the scales back down to what I wanted - hardly a fun way to live and also, not really sustainable.

OK, so now I know - I am 99.9Kg.

I won't weigh myself until the end of this month now, however when I do, I'd like to see a different (smaller) number. 

I'm just reiterating my mantra in my head - ' One day at a time - keep motivated, no dieting, just healthy eating....'







No comments:

Post a Comment