Wednesday 27 May 2015

Vietnamese River Cobbler

The word 'Cobbler' shouldn't make me snigger like a child, but it does.....

Considering I was back at work today after 4 days off, it hasn't been too bad. I even got an email from my boss with a smiley face in it! 

I had to drop my car off this morning at the garage as on Friday night (just as the Bank Holiday kicked in) it looked like it was growing a tail - Yup, that's my car and yup.. there's stuff coming out the back of the exhaust, which, after a quick Google, looked like it was 'exhaust padding'. I got rather upset (I love my car) and phoned the garage who booked it in for Wednesday after ordering the necessary parts. This meant getting up extra early and making sure that I brought all my breakfast and lunch with me (I usually eat breakfast at work, anyway). 

In regards to my healthy eating, it's been pretty darn good - I started off with my instant porridge with blueberries and strawberries (I know it's not as good as home made, but unless I can do home made porridge in 2 minutes, I'm not going to change - I need things that can work around my lifestyle!) and as I had yesterday off work, I'd planned what I was going to eat for lunch, which was peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, hummus and pitta bread and hey presto.. I actually stuck to it!


When lunch time came, my lovely work colleague suggested we walk into town - despite having my lunch with me, I said yes - It got me out of the office which is so good for my happiness, I got some fresh air and I got some EXERCISE :-) It was only 20 minutes of walking, but it always feels good to eat lunch after going for a bit of a walk and it's something I can certainly keep up - even when my work colleague isn't around, I sometimes go into town for a random reason 'Buy a birthday card for a friend' or 'Pick up some more milk', just so I can get out the office. 

The rest of the day went well - After work I saw my work colleague's friend who is a qualified beauty therapist and had a facial and had my eyebrows waxed. I am feeling really good about myself at the moment and just chilling for an hour, talking to her was great. Quite honestly, I have so much respect for anyone who waxes anything as my eyebrows hurt enough, I don't think I'd go any further than that!

I was starving when I got home this evening - It felt like the drive home was taking longer than usual and all the traffic lights were turning red out of spite. I always find that my motivation decreases when I'm really hungry, so I was mindful that I was really hungry and cooked as soon as I got in, rather than turn to something 'quick' to shove in my mouth, like biscuits... chocolate... etc.

I like fish, cod is my favourite - Sadly Sainsburys didn't have any, so I thought I'd try this, instead. Behold! The Vietnamese River Cobbler in all it's glory! I believe this has been introduced to try and encourage people to eat different types of fish and not just shove cod in their gobs? The name made me laugh, so I thought I'd try it - I was particularly taken with the low fat and low calories in it... as well as the rather cheap price!

It only took 15 minutes to steam in the oven in foil and I am now sat on my sofa, stuffed full of fish and steamed vegetables feeling both virtuous and awesome. Cobbler (*snigger*) is lovely - it tasted like a less strong kipper but still quite meaty and tasty. I'd certainly try it again. I think I'd probably serve it with sweet potato as well as veg, or some different vegetables as whilst my dinner was nice, it was slightly boring and I think I'd get a bit bored if I ate it more than a few times - Hrm... baby roasted potatoes with rosemary.... There's a thought!


Tomorrow night, I won't be getting home until about 9:30-10:00pm so it's really important I know what I'm going to be eating for dinner, so I'm not tempted to eat the Pizza / chicken wings that my friend (who does my eyelashes) offers me. I'm going to take an additional pita bread and investigate the new range of food that M&S is now doing..... 



No comments:

Post a Comment