Tuesday 12 May 2015

Hardware failure & Venison burgers

Dell servers are great, until they fail....

I'd like to think I'm quite knowledgeable in terms of how healthy a particular food is.... I also think I'm quite knowledgeable in I.T... and one thing I know is that when you see 'CPU needs reseating' on a Dell Power-edge server, you know it's not a good thing.

So, once again, there were issues at work which really wasn't good - Everyone got stuck in to try and resolve the issue, however my anxiety was pretty high and I felt ill that my Boss was going to phone me up and have another go at me.... 

Lunch was another portion of my Moroccan chicken with butter-nut squash and whole wheat couscous and dinner was a Sainsburys Venison burger, sweet potato chips and half a tin of BBQ beans. 

Yeah.. I know - I'm not going to win any medals for food photography, am I? However, despite the fact it might not be displayed overly professionally here, it was actually really nice. 

Let's break down the calories and fat...

1 Venison burger- 165 calories and 5.7 g of fat. 
1 portion of sweet potato chips - 180 calories - 7g of fat
1/2 tin of BBQ beans - 171 calories and 0.5 g of fat


TOTAL = 516 calories and 13.2g of fat

That's pretty awesome actually. I'm happy with that and it felt like a decent and nice meal without me having to scrimp on anything. I also had a chocolate desert - However I still tried to make a healthy choice, so had a Marks and Spencers chocolate muffin desert...

So my entire meal was 670 calories and 15g of fat, which I'm totally cool with :-) 

I don't usually analyse calories, I don't want to be one of those people who can be a walking encyclopaedia when it comes to calories, but I think it's good to sometimes do a 'spot check' to make sure I'm not eating too much. 1200 to 1500 a day is fine with me at the moment so today is a WIN!

I'm glad tomorrow is Wednesday - half way through the week already! 

Motivation isn't too bad at the moment... still trying to take it just one day at a time... 




No comments:

Post a Comment