Tuesday 5 May 2015

Everyone loves 'fat pants', right?

Considering how I thought Tuesday would go, it actually went pretty darn well. I was dreading work after the Bank Holiday as I was convinced my Manager would give me another massive bollocking for how one of my areas was performing, however despite being in a meeting with him for 1.5 hours, he actually seemed OK...

So once I had got up and got dressed.... except, it's not that simple at the moment - I mean, it should be: you get up, have a shower, stick some clothes on and out you go, however due to how I currently look, there are certain clothes I won't wear as I think I look really bad in them.

One piece of 'clothing' (if you can call it that.. I think on some level, it's a torture device) I don't leave the house without is my trusty 'fat pants' commonly referred to as 'tummy control' pants or 'Spanx' if you buy a particular make... These aren't Spanx as I bought them from the local Marks and Spencers, however come rain or shine.. whether it's winter or summer, if I am not feeling confident in how I look, I will always wear a pair of these before putting on the rest of my clothes.


This is hardly a fun task - I mean, in the winter, it's hard enough to pull them over my thighs and stomach, but in the summer, it's an additional layer of clothing which makes me even more sweaty - Why? Why do I feel the need to wear them every day? As I'm not happy with how I feel my flab bulges over the top of my jeans, or the fact my stomach isn't flat. So whilst I could potentially wear them for the rest of my life, I can't say it's a particularly attractive prospect and as such, I'll try to continue to eat more healthy until I can happily wear clothes and go out the door feeling confident that I don't look like a lumpy-bumpy 30-something woman.

So.. on the healthy eating front, today was a good day. Porridge and blueberries for breakfast, home made spinach, sweet potato, cauliflower and lentil dhal for lunch and a very colourful plate of sweet potato chips, red cabbage and apple, peas and steamed cod fish for dinner.

Admittedly, my lunch may not look overly appetising, however I promise, it was absolutely gorgeous - not only that, it's vegetarian and if you use the right stock cubes, you can make it Vegan really, really easily (I have a good friend who is Vegan, so I am always on the look out for things to cook for her or recipes I can modify). I have the Covent Garden Soup Book, which is where I got the recipe, however you can also find it here:

http://newcoventgardensoup.com/recipes-grouping/sweet-potato-spinach-dhal/



I don't know how many calories I had today - it's not about that for me, one of the reasons I don't think I'd be any good at either Weight Watchers or Slimming World is because underneath, I am fundamentally quite lazy and having to calculate points, or work out how many 'Syns' I have per day is not something I want to spend effort doing - Maybe this means I won't succeed or that I will succeed but more slowly? I don't know... However if this is to work, it can't be a quick fix and I need to eat things I actually like....

.. which means that I will never, EVER eat celery... not ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment