Sunday 31 May 2015

End of May

Wow. End of the month already.

I can't believe it's 3 weeks and 6 days since I started my healthy eating. It feels as if it's been a few days if that. Honestly, it's not actually been that hard - the more time I've healthy eaten, the less I've had to think about it and the more it's become 'normal' and I'm really proud of what I've done so far.

I think it's really important to physically write down the fact I'm proud of myself, I never really say I'm proud of myself for anything - I stepped on the scales yesterday morning and since the 9th of May I've gone from 99.9Kg to 96.7Kg. If I lose the same again next month, then I'll have lost 6.4Kg and will take another photo of myself in the mirror and see if I can see the change. (I took a photo at the start of the month.. so I know what I looked like when I started my healthy eating).

It's not just the lesser number on the scales, although I am proud of that, it's also:

1. My jeans feel loser. I can wear a pair of jeans I couldn't fit into at the start of this month.
2. I feel so much happier, my moods are more positive
3. I haven't felt bloated or uncomfortable as I've eaten too much
4. I have slept so much better - usually I wake up at least twice a night, I've been sleeping through or waking up a lot less often, at the very least.
5. Even though work is really, really stressful at the moment, I've NOT reached for food, I've NOT done my usual 'comfort eating' and I HAVE made healthier choices.
6. My bowels *ahem* are much more regular and I don't suffer from flatulence at all (I know... TMI!)

I can't say I see any change in my appearance. When I look in the mirror I still see my large stomach and huge thighs and I'm not happy about the figure staring back at me - However, this can only be changed if I continue my healthy eating and I need to remember: This is not a quick fix, this is a lifestyle change so it will take time to change my body.

Eating badly for one day will not change things - nor will eating healthy for one
day... I need to be sensible and make sensible choices in what I put in my body.

This month I've focussed 100% on food - I've not gone crazy with exercise as I don't think I would have been able to maintain it due to work stress. In June, I'm going to make myself 2 promises.

1. I'm going to go to the gym once a week for a spin class.
2. I'm going to look more closely at the processed food I eat and try and reduce it in various ways.

I don't think it's a good idea to change everything at once - I think I'd feel overwhelmed and not stick to them. I'm going to try and not weigh myself more than once every two weeks, but we'll see what happens.... Either way, I'll be honest about what I weigh and when I succumb to the lure of the scales.

I'm also kinda chuffed that I've had over 1,100 views on my Blog. I don't know if that's real people / bots on the net, or magic pixies, but whoever / whatever it is, I'd like to think that there are people out there who can identify with what I'm saying and maybe I can motivate others to eat more healthy and they can also motivate me :-)

Looking forward to a healthy, positive and motivated June! 



No comments:

Post a Comment